The bathroom cabinet has a drastic effect on the functioning and the appearance of your bathroom. If you have purchased a new bathroom cabinet and want to install it by yourself, then this post is for you.
Some Important Tips for Installing Bathroom Cabinets
- If you are going for multiple bathroom cabinets, make sure that all the cabinets are in level with each other. Install the corner cabinet first and ensure its level, flush and plumb. Once done, then only install the other cabinet in level with the first one.
- If the parts of the bathroom cabinet are not assembled, then it might have come with an instruction manual. Put the cabinet together as per the instructions.
- The wall on which you will be installing the cabinet should be in level, clean and smooth. Use a straighthedge to ensure that it is actually flat.
- The first thing that you need to do is to take a stud finder and locate the studs on which you will be installing the cabinet.
- Not only from the side, but also make sure that the cabinet is level from front to back as well. You can use shims for raising the cabinet to the installation point or for making adjustments.
- Now, drive the screws right through the back rail of the cabinet right into the studs.
That’s it! Installing a bathroom cabinet is that easy. Once the cabinet is installed, take the countertop and place it in position and attach it with the cabinet from beneath.